We are working with a highly influential business representative body who are currently recruiting for a Public Affairs Manager (UK Nations & Regions).
This is a newly created role where the successful candidate will be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of a public affairs strategy focused on the regions and devolved administrations of the United Kingdom.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a regional public affairs strategy;
- Work with the organisation’s network of Regional/City Chairmen to support them in their engagement with our programme and their outreach in their cities;
- Working with government at both national, devolved and local level to promote the organisation’s policy priorities in this area;
- Establish the UK Strategy Group which will steer organisation’s work in this area;
- Work with the Economic Research team to draft the 2018 Regional Report and launch the report;
- Further deeper relationships with senior representatives from Member firms.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
- Strong background in public affairs;
- Knowledge and interest in local and regional government, policy and political issues;
- Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative to deliver a wide-ranging public affairs strategy;
- Experience of public affairs in the financial services industry would be advantageous but not essential.