Hanson Search are instructed exclusively to work with a sector leading membership body who are looking to hire a Public Affairs Officer for their London Office.
- Deliver the organisation's Parliamentary events programme;
- Monitor relevant political intelligence and its impact on the industry, whilst delivering regular updates and communications to their members on this intelligence and their Public Affairs activity;
- Deliver a daily Government Affairs Report to members;
- Support the development of action plans and strategies for advocacy on key issues;
- Developing policy briefings, position papers and publications alongside the policy team, including for Parliamentary debates;
- Drive the organisation's Parliamentary and Whitehall stakeholder programme, setting up meetings, preparing briefings and conducting desk research.
- A previous track record in policy development and/or public affairs is essential;
- Relevant knowledge and track record of working with stakeholders in UK Government and Westminster;
- You may have a track record in consultancy or another membership body;
- Knowledge of at least one relevant policy area e.g. health, science, business, energy, financial services, and so on;
- A proactive and positive approach to work and ability to work in a diverse team across multiple divisions;
- Educated to degree level.