Smart Energy GB receives a large volume of queries and correspondence from the general public by post, email, phone and through our digital channels. You will be responsible for answering and coordinating responses to this correspondence.
Working as part of a talented and creative public affairs team, you’ll provide accurate, helpful and trusted responses that bring the importance of smart meters to life for the public.
- Draft and deliver responses to incoming correspondence (post, email, phone and in social channels) from members of the public, working within given KPIs;
- Coordinate public correspondence activity from other members of the team, across England, Wales and Scotland to ensure that an effective and efficient service is delivered to members of the public;
- Oversee the management and maintenance of a core database of public correspondence responses, ensure it is kept up to date and used correctly by the organisation and other team members;
- Produce high quality anonymised monthly reports about the topics and types of enquiries received;
- Monitor the volume of correspondence and topics of consumers’ questions, identifying emerging trends, and provide briefings for senior colleagues as required;
- Undertake meetings with external organisations providing a similar service to share intelligence on areas of consumer concerns;
- Ensure the effective implementation of our new correspondence system, working with internal and external specialists;
- Keep abreast of relevant developments around consumer concerns, alerting colleagues of any developments and provide analysis as required;
- Attend and represent Smart Energy GB at relevant events where required;
- The role will involve a certain amount of travel within Great Britain and occasional evening and weekend working.
Skills, experience and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise quality control and ensure that consistent, accurate messages are conveyed to members of the public;
- Ability to learn about and understand smart meter technology, and explain key points in a clear and accessible way;
- Good judgement around when to seek senior approval;
- Ability to work to a deadline, ensuring KPIs are consistently met for both correspondence and reports;
- Experience of working on contact databases and management systems;
- Prior experience dealing with members of the public;
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB;
- Appreciation of the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and ability to embrace this diversity in your approach to work.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.