A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Affairs & Briefing Manager. You will:
- Provide support to the Head of Regulatory Policy & Liaison in the preparation of all regulatory briefings (primarily PRA and FCA while also including BoE and PSR activity);
- Provide input into briefings for the organisation’s UK engagement with trade associations;
- Ensure colleagues are well prepared for regulatory engagements by proactively providing and leading on briefing meetings and materials;
- Prepare, draft and maintain briefings and other material to meet requests from senior management;
- Maintain a briefing tracker and work with colleagues across the bank to ensure that briefings are fast, accurate, high quality and constantly evolving or updated as issues evolve.
You will have:
- A sound working knowledge of the regulatory environment together with a thorough understanding of the retail and business banking business and risk management;
- Effective stakeholder management and comfort in dealing with senior management, regulators and marshalling large groups of colleagues to create high quality responses and presentations for an external audience is essential for this role;
- A good working knowledge of the regulatory framework for financial products and services is essential.
It is also important to have a sound understanding and skills in relation to the following:
- Current regulatory issues driven by UK, international and European regulators;
- Sound understanding of UK Government and interaction with regulators;
- Structure of regulatory reviews and appropriate governance for responding to them;
- Strong presentation skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to quickly digest and analyse complex material and tailor it to different audiences.