A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Regulatory and Government Affairs Advisor with a TMT business.
You will need to ensure:
- The organisation’s compliance with the regulatory obligations in light of changes to our regulatory obligations. In particular, you need to actively manage risks and escalate issues as appropriate;
- Review Ofcom and government updates and will respond to relevant consultations. As part of this you will need to lead on relevant regulations from consumer protection measures to competition matters (e.g. market reviews) as well as agreed consultations generated by government;
- Lead in providing full and accurate responses to formal and informal requests from Ofcom: providing any comments on the draft notice, and submitting completed responses;
- Attend industry meetings with Ofcom and other institutions as required and provide necessary updates/briefings to key internal stakeholders;
- Provide clear, accurate, consistent, and robust and solutions-orientated regulatory advice to operational and commercial colleagues to the benefit of the organisation.
You will have:
- A degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. law, economics, policy, accountancy);
- Previous experience in a similar role focused on regulatory matters either for an economic regulator (e.g. Ofcom), or in one of the utilities;
- Excellent business relationship and stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage and resolve competing and conflicting priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to all stakeholder levels;
- Must be proactive and dependency-aware and able to show commitments and deadlines are self-managed;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint).