A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Policy & Stakeholder Engagement Manager with an aviation tech business in London.
- Research the regulatory status in jurisdictions around the world, maintaining an up to date “register” and communicating emerging opportunities with the team;
- Pro-active identification of progressive regulatory environments;
- Connecting with and maintaining strong relationships with regulators and related bodies around the world;
- Own the regulatory application process for drone operations and communicate with the regulatory body, including ownership of the Operations Manual;
- Advise the team on all regulatory matters including likely timelines for regulatory matters (e.g. using restricted airspace);
- Attending UTM/regulatory conferences. Will likely involve speaking at some conferences as well as attending;
- Working to secure relevant external grant funding (e.g. BEIS);
- Be an all-round team contributor. We are a small team and everyone contributes to everything at some point. The role will include elements of operations, strategy, corporate development and all things in-between;
- Position will likely involve a level of travel globally in order to meet with regulators and attend relevant conferences.
- You are likely working for an aviation, transport or infrastructure regulator or working for an aviation, transport or infrastructure -related company in a regulatory role;
- You have great communications skills, are comfortable talking at events, meeting with people and building strong networks;
- You are agile and have a good ability to manage your time including deciding where your time is best dedicated to ensure the overall success of the company;
- You have a deep knowledge of aviation, transport or infrastructure regulation in one or more jurisdictions and are able to quickly get up to speed with the status of drone regulations worldwide;
- You are comfortable helping influence commercial strategy discussions from a regulatory context and can give plain English advice;
- A self starter, a great team player, able to integrate into a small team.