I am currently recruiting two Regulatory Policy Managers (Global & EMEA) for a professional body in London. In this role you will develop the organisations regulatory policy and strategy at a global or EMEA level and identify, manage and respond to external regulatory policy developments.
You will be responsible for developing and managing our regulatory policy and standards, alongside the business of any relevant committees and boards.
You will be expected to be able to analyse regulatory risks and have a clear understanding of the range of regulatory tools to control these risks. You will need understand the importance of an evidence base in developing policy, and recognise the values of equality, diversity and inclusion to deliver effective policy outcomes.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that we communicate changes in policy and development in the most effective way, including identifying with the needs of different stakeholders, alongside the corporate affairs team.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Relevant experience in managing policy development and delivery in a similar position, ideally with international experience;
- Experience of drafting complex documents, such as policy responses, professional standards, MoUs etc;
- Track record of working with key stakeholders including senior industry and public policy figures;
- Ability to consider the internal and external impacts of policy development;
- Experience in communicating changes in policy to different types of audience;
- Experience of successfully managing boards and committees to ensure policy and business matters are carried out productively;
- Able to think independently, with the capability to develop practical solutions to complex policy issues;
- Interpersonal and influencing skills. Able to build a network of internal and external stakeholders.