We are looking for an experienced and creative individual to join us as Senior Campaigns Adviser, to lead and deliver innovative campaigns that inspire public action and influence government policy to improve the lives of children around the world.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Policy, Advocacy, and Campaigns department is where we drive political agendas at national and global levels. We’ve integrated lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfill their potential.
As Senior Campaigns Adviser you will develop and deliver our campaigning through our network of local volunteers and supporters that support Save the Children’s strategic objectives globally and in the UK. Providing strategic campaigning and advocacy leadership to link our community campaigning to the work of our thematic campaigns, you will grow our network of Campaign Champions while exploring new partnerships and growing support for community campaigning across Save the Children UK and beyond. You will also develop and lead on key campaigning partners and coalitions and advise on budget requirements, operating within the budget available.
In addition you will:
- Lead on the development and implementation of campaigns and campaign moments that are engaging, impactful, innovative and deliver our strategic objectives;
- Lead on the design and development of mobilisation activities that will help us to achieve our thematic campaign goals;
- Make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of Save the Children’s long-term campaign strategies;
- Lead and grow our existing Campaign Champion network;
- Diversify our existing campaigning offer by developing further mobilisation offers to drive engagement with new audiences.
To be successful you will have experience working to build networks of community campaigners and have an understanding of campaigning. You will also have experience developing campaign strategies with the knowledge and understanding of a range of campaign tactics and a track record of success. With a willingness and ability to travel both within the UK and to countries outside the UK, you will be assertive, energetic and have a collaborative mind-set and the ability to inspire colleagues in different teams with a shared vision.
In addition you will have:
- Experience of working with volunteers, activists and supporters to mobilise to take action, with a particular focus of community organising;
- Good project management skills with the ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure;
- Experience successfully finding and using insights into supporters lives, behaviour and motivations;
- Knowledge of working with a range of actors to deliver change to tailor written and verbal communications to a wide range of different audiences;
- Excellent relationship and partnership building skills.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.