We are currently working with a cancer charity who are recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to join their communications and public affairs team based in central London.
This is a busy and challenging role where you will be given the opportunity to use your creativity to further the voice and influence of the organisation.
- Develop and deliver creative campaigns and communications to engage a variety of audiences;
- Use a variety of communications tools to raise public awareness and influence policy;
- Provide communications support to teams across the charity, proactively identifying opportunities to promote their work;
- Contribute to policy development including analysing research, writing comments, reports and briefings;
- Identify and create broadcast, print and online opportunities and sell in to the media;
- Draft copy for a range of online and print communications including blog posts, articles and the website.
You will be a communications professional with a creative streak and an eye for a story. You will have an intimate understanding of how media works and how it can be leveraged to influence the agenda.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a communications/PR role;
- Demonstrable experience of developing relationships with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to convey scientific content into easily digestible formats;
- A story-teller, with the ability to engage different audiences;
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with a close-knit and collaborative team;
- Ideally, experience of working in a healthcare communications role in a similar environment.
This charity has already made a significant impact on the issues they are passionate about. This is a fantastic opportunity to help them move forward with a more ambitious agenda whilst raising awareness of such an important cause.