I am currently recruiting a very exciting Senior Policy Advisor (Banking) position.
- Engage with HM Treasury on discussions regarding the Bank’s capital resources and governance of those resources;
- Analyse and report on the Bank’s capital requirements, resources and adequacy;
- Input into the design of the Bank’s income generating mechanisms (including CRDs) so that they support the Bank’s capital framework;
- Create briefings / notes for senior committees on capital, income and other policy issues as needed;
- Work with other parties such as technical experts elsewhere in the division, or the wider organisation, to apply their expertise to the Bank’s own balance sheet; lay out scope and terms of reference for such interventions.
You will have:
- Experience of policy development, and willingness to take on the exciting challenge of developing policy in a new area;
- Experience of policy structures and mechanisms – this can come from either working in regulation or central government (financial services would be advantageous);
- An understanding of macro and capital tools and frameworks;
- Experience engaging with and briefing senior stakeholders;
- A collaborative working style with the ability to manage complex relationships;
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Credibility to represent the organisation when engaging with external stakeholders.