UK manufacturers provide Britain’s link to the world, our future source of income and supports higher living standards. The industry is critical to the growth of the UK’s economy and is a bedrock of the industrial strategy.
As the Senior Policy & Public Affairs Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Developing policy positions that address the challenges and opportunities facing the sector, including by producing original research and analysis of policy that affects the sector;
- Develop and deliver targeted lobbying campaigns for the sector;
- Manage CEO-level relationships in the sector;
- Representing the sector’s perspectives on in a variety of forums, ensuring influence on key policy issues, e.g. innovation policy and people & skills issues;
- Drafting papers, policy briefs and responses to consultations;
- Establishing relationships with senior government leaders and policy makers.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent;
- Strong background in a policy and public affairs environment;
- Experience of engaging with business leaders and a general understanding of the impact of policy on UK business;
- Experience of delivering lobbying campaigns to influence the UK government and policy makers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.