Clayton Desant is working with an influential financial services body who are recruiting for a Senior Public Affairs Adviser for a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Senior Public Affairs Adviser will be responsible for delivering the organisation’s UK and EU political engagement strategy, working to ensure positive outcomes for the financial services industry in the UK. This is a high profile role where you will be engaging at the most senior levels with policymakers, politicians and industry both in the UK and the EU (institution and member state levels).
Further responsibilities will include:
- Organising a series of delegations and visits to EU Member States for the remainder of 2017/18 to meet with EU Member State governments and regulators to put across the views of the organisation’s members in light of the Brexit negotiations;
- In light of the recent UK election, shaping the organisation’s engagement with UK parliamentarians and ensuring that reports and messages are communicated in a systematic way;
- Furthering the organisation’s presence, message delivery and relationships with policymakers in regions and nations across the UK, in Westminster, Brussels and EU Member States as a result of the UK election.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent work experience;
- Significant senior-level public affairs experience engaging with UK and EU policymakers;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the workings of UK and EU political institutions;
- Demonstrable experience of influencing politicians and policy makers;
- An acute political antennae with experience of horizon scanning to identify potential threats and opportunities;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.