Public Sector Body.
Draft responses to enquiries including:
- Oral and written PQs
- Correspondence with MPs
- Briefing info for ministers’ meetings
Monitoring relevant parliamentary and stakeholder activity:
- disseminating to colleagues in a timely way
- identifying opportunities to respond to external developments/brief on debates
- Supporting the Senior External Affairs Manager in briefing stakeholders on new research being released in March;
- Supporting the Head of External Affairs with a research project to understand stakeholder perceptions;
- Supporting the planning of events and ministerial visits;
- Drafting communications to MPs including briefings and letters.
- Good understanding of how Westminster, and particularly Whitehall, work, ideally with experience of working with Government officials;
- Ability and enthusiasm for developing an understanding of a range of policy areas;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to summarise complex information into succinct and engaging messaging;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work in an agile way to respond to new developments and opportunities;
- Self-starter, keen to use initiative to help shape projects and ways of working;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal and externals stakeholders.