Blakeney is an award-winning consultancy on a mission to solve the world’s most complex communication challenges and make a lasting impact on the planet and society.
Our clients see the world differently, disrupting complacent sectors and rethinking outdated ways of working, to change the world for the better. Our clients include pioneers in clean energy and decarbonisation, global sustainability NGOs, disruptors in financial services, and leaders in the live entertainment industry.
We have built a first-class team drawn from business, government, political campaigns, strategy consultancy, agency, and the media. Our team is smart, connected, and driven by the desire to create a positive impact, and our work has won awards from PR Week, the PRCA and the Green Business Awards. We take responsibility as individuals, but succeed as a team.
We have doubled in size over the last two years and are entering an exciting period of growth.
We are looking for an ambitious and dynamic Account Executive to join our fast-growing team.
Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is immersed in politics and the latest news, and has a keen eye for both detail and for opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where you can learn from experienced communications and public affairs experts.
Need to be confident, sharp, creative, and energetic. At Blakeney, our team is our most important asset, and we are especially looking for originality and personality. Therefore, the following are guidelines, not strict prerequisites:
- Exceptional writing skills and a keen eye for detail;
- Be educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional qualifications;
- Some experience in a communications or political role;
- Excellent organisational skills – with experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Great research skills;
- Good working knowledge and experience in using social media and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- A willingness and ability to help shape our company and the way we do business;
- Immersed in the latest news, including from politics;
- A friendly, fun demeanour - balanced with first-rate professionalism.
You will be responsible for:
- Drafting press releases, statements, and other media materials;
- Pitching stories to journalists on the phone and via email;
- Contacting politicians and their staff;
- Liaising with clients;
- Assisting and plan for events and liaising with venues and suppliers;
- Monitoring mainstream and social media;
- Researching and build lists of target media or political stakeholders;
- Carrying out research tasks as needed.
From us, you can expect:
- A highly competitive salary;
- An industry-leading benefits package with you in the driving seat;
- 33 days a year of holiday allowance, including bank holidays;
- Hybrid working so you can work in a way that suits you;
- Top-tier health and life insurance for all employees;
- Generous, simple, and transparent bonus scheme based on company and personal performance;
- Lots of work socials and company events;
- Active focus on personal development and your part in building our culture;
- Training budget tailored to your overall career – not just our business plan;
- A progressive approach to work-life with a focus on your physical and mental health (including mental health training, ‘Recharge Days’, time back to you for keeping fit and ways of giving back to society);
- Pension scheme.