With a passion for politics and a commitment to community, Cratus supports organisations which would like to engage with the public sector and the communities it serves.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our Planning team, specialising in political and community engagement and communications.
About the role
As we grow, we are looking to bring in more talented people to help us deliver high quality work for our clients. At Cratus, our Account Executives are the glue that hold us together. They are involved in all parts of the business and in almost every project. We are looking for applicants who are politically engaged, diligent and enthusiastic.
If are looking to kickstart your career in political and community engagement, communications and PR, you could be our next hire. While you do not need to have industry experience, you should have proven experience of working in an office.
You should be a competent writer, able to use your own initiative, and be keen to get stuck into every aspect of a project. You would be joining a strong team supporting a wide range of engagement and communications projects across the country, and we will need you to be comfortable working independently from an early stage.
What are we looking for:
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- The willingness and ability to work under your own initiative;
- The ability to manage competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Being a team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed across a range of projects and teams;
- Being personable, able to relate to and empathise with residents, stakeholders and politicians;
- Client management abilities;
- Ability to work from the London office for a few days of the week;
- Full UK driving license;
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends – time off in-lieu will be given.
The main strands of work are:
- Supporting the delivery of political and stakeholder engagement programmes by drafting materials, organising meetings and managing event logistics;
- Project support including some client lead work;
- Personal development including attending relevant PRCA-led training programmes;
- Writing research reports, press releases and social media monitoring;
- Supporting Account Managers and Directors with Business Development activities and developing your own network;
- Occasionally supporting the Communities team;
- Other responsibilities such as office administration as required.
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
28 days annual leave plus:
- Bank holidays;
- Birthday day off;
- Charity volunteering day;
Central London office (Fora Group) with:
- Good coffee / free snacks;
- Dog friendly;
- Onsite gym / bike storage;
- Changing facilities / showers;
- Ability to use all Fora offices across London / Cambridge;
- Monthly grocery contribution for all staff – for personal use or donation to food bank;
- Regular team-building and social events;
- Hybrid and flexible working options;
- Individualised training programmes;
- Vitality medical insurance with benefits package including half-price gym membership and more;
- Company pension scheme.