Do you have proven political communications experienced with excellent knowledge of UK politics?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide. Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers’ lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Public Affairs Associate to join our team in Exeter.
What will you be doing?
The Public Affairs Associate will support Pennon’s public affairs capabilities, providing a strategic public affairs function that supports and enhances the Group’s brands and increases its influence on policy-making. Through a tailored public affairs programme, the Public Affairs team will work to enhance the value of Pennon’s businesses making a direct contribution to Pennon’s strategic business objectives.
You will support the Head of Public Affairs to establish regular contact with politicians, political advisers, civil servants, non-departmental public bodies, and others to keep them informed about the organisation’s work and policy concerns.
The Public Affairs Associate will provide a key corporate service by monitoring proceedings of the UK Parliament and devolved institutions, and provide analysis for senior staff members, including identifying and mitigating against risks and outlining opportunities.
What do you need?
- Political or communications experience and knowledge of the UK political landscape;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure while maintaining high standards;
- Diligent, with a strong commitment to continually protecting and improving the reputation and profile of the company;
- Ability to think and act strategically;
- Good understanding of all forms of communication (written, verbal, broadcast, and digital);
- High level skills in desktop applications (eg Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Ability and willingness to undertake UK travel;
- Ability and willingness to be on standby Press Office rota.
What can Pennon Group do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Public Affairs Associate, we can offer a competitive salary of circa £25,000 dependent on skills and experience; plus a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.