M+F Health is looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join our growing Public Relations and Public Affairs team as an intern from September 2022. If you’re looking for a great place to kick-start your career and have an interest in healthcare, politics or communications, we’d love to hear from you.
M+F Health is an independent, integrated communications and public affairs agency.
Our work is meaningful – we aim to make a significant, positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the UK. We deliver on this every day through an unrivalled and deep understanding of the healthcare environment.
We’re made up of policy and government affairs experts, traditional and social media specialists, communications strategists, writers, scientists, and crisis managers. We work brilliantly together, take great pride in our autonomous culture, and we’re passionate about what we do.
We’re growing fast and always looking for talented and passionate individuals to join us. We believe great work comes from happy people, so we invest in making our culture inclusive and our benefits motivating.
We’re looking for two passionate interns to join our team to support our purpose to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK.
As an intern, having a good grasp of the following skills will help you to excel during your time with us:
- Excellent writing skills with an attention to detail;
- Excellent research and referencing skills;
- Organised with the ability to juggle competing priorities, and to seek advice and guidance from colleagues when needed;
- Strong inter-personal skills and a hands-on approach to work;
- An interest to learn more about the healthcare and communications sector.
As an intern at M+F Health you will have the opportunity to work within both our public relations (PR) and public affairs (PA) teams across a range of exciting clients and campaigns. Our clients span the breadth of the health and wellbeing sector. We work with pharmaceutical companies, consumer health organisations, pharmacy, professional organisations, social enterprises, tech platforms, patient organisations, med tech and diagnostics companies, and even film distributors.
Healthcare is a fantastic start to any communications career, whether you want to specialise or gain a solid foundation of the transferrable skills that will help you throughout your career. By joining our team, you will gain experience working in a fast-paced agency environment operating within a highly regulated industry. You will benefit from having access to our entire team, working with individuals at all levels within the agency from Account Executives to Directors.
To support your development, you will be assigned to specific account teams to ensure you have the opportunity to become embedded within client projects and campaigns. We also offer every team member a bespoke training package to support them in their careers both within and beyond M+F, and our interns are no different. Upon joining the agency, you will be supported to identify appropriate training and events.
As an intern, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing daily Parliamentary, media and stakeholder monitoring and compiling weekly monitoring reports;
- Conducting research and producing briefings for activity plans, proposals and new business pitches;
- Supporting in the development of PA and PR materials such as policy briefings, event materials, press releases and social media content;
- Supporting the team with organising events and meetings;
- Supporting the team to deliver campaigns according to client objectives;
- Supporting team members with administrative tasks.
We’re keen to see you succeed over the course of your internship and will provide you with all the tools and support you need. Many of our interns go on to secure permanent roles with us and we hope you will too.
Contract Type: Fixed - 6 months
Start Date: September 2022
End Date: February 2023
About our Benefits
As well as London Living Wage, we offer generous benefits, flexible working policies, rewards, and recognition for every member of the team. We operate a hybrid model and have a shiny new office opening in Clerkenwell (a short walk from Farringdon station) in summer 2022.
Every M+Fer gets access to:
- Workplace wellbeing scheme through Juno, including a generous monthly allowance to spend on wellbeing and lifestyle benefits that suit you;
- A company pension scheme;
- A bespoke training package;
- Flexible Fridays (leaving early on a Friday), Summer Hours (leaving at 3pm on Fridays through the summer months) and a Seasonal Shutdown (three days extra holiday over the Christmas period);
- Enhanced family policies;
- Flexible working;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Interest-free travel loans;
- Hero of the month recognition prize;
- Additional bonuses for new business and recruitment;
- Regular socials and IRL get-togethers.