Electus are working with a leading consultancy who work on some of the most exciting built environment projects in London and around the UK. Due to the natural growth of the team they are looking for an Account Director to join their team in London.
Our client works on:
- Informing business strategies;
- Building relations with key targets ;
- Run consultations and campaigns ;
- Manage media relations ;
- Help deliver planning permissions ;
- Win bids;
- Organise events ;
- Handle crises ;
- Supply intelligence ;
- Audit reputations.
The Account Director will take responsibility for business development and client handling, delivering projects and staff management. You will manage each project from start to finish, providing strategic insight to deliver support and acceptance of controversial property developments. First-rate communication skills with colleagues and the ability to engage at all levels, from the general public through to elected politicians and council officials, will be tested by this position.
You will have significant experience in the property and planning sector/built environment across a broad range of projects.
Our client is looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- Track record of winning business and demonstrating capability in a client facing role;
- Ability to manage client accounts, to retain and grow the current portfolio;
- Detailed knowledge of stakeholder engagement and public affairs/communications/consultation from a local perspective, especially around planning and property development;
- First rate communications skills and a drive to work with a great name in the business;
- Ability to think strategically.
Working on projects end-to-end from strategic design to implementation on the ground, you will take a leading position on each project. Managing stakeholders from the local community, press, politicians and councils, the end result you will deliver to our client is a smooth planning process that helps them achieve business goals.
Applicants are welcomed from any background as long as you have planning experience (either in-house, or at an agency, other backgrounds will be considered), have the gravity to deal with senior stakeholders, have the personal nature to work at all levels and desire a new challenge.
In return you will receive an excellent salary and will add working on projects to your CV that will be the envy of your peers.