We are recruiting an Account Manager to join our award-winning strategic communications team. We are seeking someone with exceptional research, writing, analytical and account management skills, capable of rapidly getting to grips with the key short to long term dynamics in a sector and in relation to a particular company’s products, services and growth plans, as well as building and delivering long-term relationships and public affairs plans.
We are looking for someone with a strong track record in public affairs and government relations, ideally with a background in politics and consultancy.
Managing the delivery of public affairs and strategic communications.
Key skills / competencies
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisation and time management;
- Ability to build good political relationships and networks;
- Ability work autonomously and independently;
- Experience managing diverse team of consultants and multiple client accounts;
- Track record in driving new business;
- Skilled in senior account management and interface with senior in-house teams;
- Application of creativity and the use of initiative/problem solving.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Being a GK ambassador embodying the GK Values of Excellence, Initiative and Respect;
- Responsibility for creation and delivery of public affairs and communications strategies;
- Development of client relationships;
- Leading feedback meetings alongside senior colleagues on project delivery;
- Brought in to contribute to external pitches with potential clients;
- Managing client delivery teams and providing training support to the team;
- Provide support to client team in developing a rigorous evidence base for change for communications clients;
- Senior role in the delivery of GK research projects for corporate clients;
- Build relationships with relevant political stakeholders;
- Build relationships with overseas affiliates;
- Line management of junior colleagues.