The Labour Movement for Europe is the Labour Party’s only affiliate organisation dedicated to rebuilding our nation’s relationship with Europe. Following a substantial growth in membership and influence, it is expanding and recruiting ahead of the forthcoming general election. The role is primarily based in Westminster and involves working closely with our Chair, Stella Creasy MP and our Executive overseen by our Honorary Secretary Giampi Alhadeff. At a time of high interest in the future of the UK’s relationship with the European Union post Brexit, the post represents a critical opportunity to help develop and shape a future Labour Government’s policy making on European Affairs.
The LME is seeking to appoint a part time administrative assistant (21 hours a week). The successful candidate will have experience of the Labour Movement and its values and aims, excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills and an interest in working with a wide range of members, volunteers and activists across the UK and beyond on this subject matter. This role is managed by the Campaigns and Research Advisor on a day to day basis.
Key duties include:
- Working to continue to grow the presence of the Labour Movement for Europe within CLPs and the wider Labour Party and trade Union movement through working with local members to support their involvement.
- Manage and monitor social media and correspondence enquiries and dealing with queries that do not need to be transferred to a higher level within a timely manner
- Production of material for social media including Instagram, twitter, Facebook and the LME website using a range of technologies including NationBuilder, Canva and video software. Experience with these technologies will be a bonus but training is also available.
- Assisting the Campaigns and Research advisor with producing research materials and briefing notes as requested.
- Working with LME candidates to support their local activism including organization of campaign events and activities.
- Working with the Chair and the Honorary Secretary of the LME to support fundraising and membership activities including running webinars, online database management and following up membership enquiries and speaker requests.
- Representing the LME at public events as requested
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work overseas occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. The LME is a flexible workplace and we are happy to discuss job sharing, flexi-time to fit around other commitments, hybrid working or compressed hours.
We encourage applications from people who are traditionally underrepresented in politics, including women, people from minority ethnic communities, LGBT+ individuals and disabled people.