London Property Alliance in the joint name for City Property Association (CPA) and Westminster Property Association (WPA). Together, we are the voice of Central London’s real estate industry - representing the leading owners, investors, professional advisors and developers of property in the economic and cultural heart of the capital.
The Alliance commissions thought leadership research about the future of London’s built environment; engages with policymakers at local, London and national government, championing our industry as a driver of Good Growth and prosperity for London and the UK; and organises engagement and insight events, bringing together our members in the most exciting new spaces and places in Central London.
The successful candidate will help drive the CPA’s and WPA’s membership and external communications by supporting our engagement with politicians and policymakers, as well as with CPA and WPA Board members: senior industry professionals, who are spearheading investment and placemaking in the City of London and London’s West End.
The Communications Manager will collaborate with colleagues on, contribute to and play a lead role on our programme of seminars, receptions and research. They will produce content for e-newsletters / social media posts; undertake ad-hoc research; and liaise with our extensive network of industry and policy contacts, helping develop new relationships in order to advance the work of both associations.
Ideal candidate profile:
The ideal candidate will have proven communications / public affairs expertise, ideally in the property / built environment or related sectors and is likely to come from:
- PR / communications agency. Ideally a property / built environment specialist;
- Public sector e.g. local authority with experience of planning / public consultation;
- A property agency / developer/investor;
- Retailer or shopping centre landlord / developer;
- Property trade press / industry body;
- Commercial / residential construction companies or associated building consultants (architects, engineers, QS etc).
- Excellent all-round written and verbal communication skills;
- Strategic thinking and planning skills together with hands-on delivery;
- Creative flair;
- Organisation and execution skills;
- Presentation and influencing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail.
Key attributes / behaviours:
- Open, sharing, supportive, team orientated;
- Committed to delivering outstanding quality and service;
- Flexible and adaptable. Able and willing to take on additional responsibilities when required;
- Composure. Able to operate effectively under pressure;
- A determined, ambitious, self-motivated and driven individual;
- Politically aware.
Why join us?
- You will be joining a close knit, young and ambitious team in a professional, vibrant and fun environment;
- You will be able to develop your commercial acumen by taking on additional responsibilities in helping to run the organisation and grow its work;
- You have the opportunity to raise your own profile by working with our members and industry bodies operating at the most senior level of the property industry;
- Training and career development courses are actively encouraged.
- Executive Director and Director.
If you are ready to progress your career to the next level in a fast-paced and interesting environment, with a supportive culture and positive outlook, get in touch.