The Midlands Engine is a pan-regional partnership that spans the heart of the UK and works to complement the phenomenal activity of our region’s businesses, public sector and world-leading universities. Working at scale, we focus on adding value – tackling the things that really matter to drive prosperity for communities and businesses right across the Midlands.
Building back from the impact of the pandemic, levelling up across the UK, driving our net zero future and much more - it's a demanding and exciting time to be part of the Midlands Engine and we are pleased to be offering a number of new roles within our team that will be crucial to achieving positive change in our wonderful region.
If you’re a talented, experienced and highly skilled professional who enjoys building and growing relationships, is keen to work openly and visibly through partnerships, and has the ambition and ability to drive forward delivery around key policy areas to help overcome regional challenges - we would very much welcome your application.
The Midlands Engine is the largest regional economy in the UK outside London, a region of pioneering minds, thriving industry and advanced technology, of inspiring heritage and incredible, determined people. Our Midlands Engine partnership spans a geography from the Lincolnshire coast to the Welsh border and our region is the place 11 million call home – a population that’s greater than Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, combined.
Our Midlands Engine partnership spans the heart of the UK. Working at scale, we focus on adding value – tackling the things that really matter in our region to drive prosperity for our communities and businesses.
Together, we make sure the Midlands voice is heard and act as a positive agent for economic, social and environmental change, to benefit every single part of our region. We do this through shared intent, collaborative investment and a strong, unified voice, direct to government.
If you’re a talented professional with an exceptional skill set and you enjoy the building and growing relationships, working openly and visibly through partnerships, and if you have the ambition and ability to drive forward delivery around key policy areas to help overcome regional challenges - we would very much welcome your application.
This is a diverse and highly visible role within the Midlands Engine, you will be working with a highly effective and supportive team, engaging with the offices of Government Ministers, MPs and local leaders to support the Midlands Engine Chairman to operate effectively as an ambassador for the Midlands Engine.
- Pay - a competitive salary based on your skills, experience and talent;
- Car user allowance;
- Pension – an excellent defined local authority benefit pension scheme;
- Annual leave – generous holiday entitlements depending upon your role and length of service. Plus eight bank and public holidays and two extra statutory days with the flexibility of using these two days when you like;
- Annual leave purchase scheme;
- Pension AVC’s via salary sacrifice;
- Maternity / Paternity / Family leave – everyone is supported;
- Professional development – access to relevant professional tools and platforms, regular training and supervision;
- Annual leave – 27 days plus bank holidays and two extra statutory days.