We’re looking for an experienced government affairs professional to build and drive the company’s political, industry and stakeholder engagement work to support CMR’s commercial and business objectives.
CMR is one of the country’s most exciting companies to join. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot, Versius. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of patients all around the world.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Devising and executing a European government affairs strategy that supports the case for surgical robotics, and Versius amongst influential stakeholders;
- Developing messaging, working with corporate communications, market access and in-market commercial leads that will resonate with influential political & policy leads across Europe;
- Representing CMR’s corporate priorities as well as products and services at stakeholder and government engagements, working closely with commercial leads;
- Leading on campaigns to advocate for change in issues facing the surgical robotics industry and support a positive political and regulatory environment for surgical robotics;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with different levels of government throughout Europe;
- Improving brand recognition of CMR and Versius amongst influential political and policy stakeholders in each of our key markets (Italy, France, UK and Germany);
- Representing CMR at industry associations and become an influential voice in this area;
- Keeping commercial teams updated on policy developments that could support a favourable environment in their markets, providing recommendations on how to enhance those opportunities.
While to begin with the role will focus on Europe, there may be a need to grow this role to include a global remit in time.
Naturally you’ll be a confident communicator, but we would also like you to:
- Have significant experience working in government affairs in the medical devices / healthcare technology industry;
- Have a deep understanding of the European healthcare landscape including legislative and regulatory processes;
- Have proven experience of enabling change working with complex policy areas in the UK or across Europe;
- Have government affairs experience either in agency, where you are looking to take your first in-house role, or you are looking to take a step up in an in-house role;
- Have experience of working with market access, and commercial teams to drive business goals;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially regarding policy development analysis and advocacy;
- Be fluent in English, with additional European languages highly desirable (French, Italian, German);
- Be able to clearly communicate complex policy issues to internal and external stakeholders;
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently but also collaborate across functions to do the best job.
The role will be based in Cambridge, but with flexible remote working. Candidates in one of the EU 5 markets will also be considered.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. CMR is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. We believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that our people stay and develop. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.