I am recruiting a Government Affairs Manager with a FTSE 100 business. The focus of this role is to manage Government Affairs for the business in all geographies where we have operations (EU, UK, North America); in particular:
- Policy monitoring and reporting;
- Developing policy-related positions;
- Coordinating our involvement in industry associations;
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement.
You will have:
- Deep understanding of EU ad UK policy processes and institutions; similar knowledge for USA would be advantageous;
- Good network in EU and UK policy circles in Brussels and UK;
- Government Affairs / Public Affairs experience, including working with industry associations and interfacing directly with (EU) policy makers, preferably gained in an industrial company;
- Excellent communicator, able to build strong working relationships with people across a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds. Able to engage effortlessly with people of any level of seniority;
- Experience leading teams which include different functions, geographies and types of expertise;
- Must be able to function independently; a self-starter, yet able to function as a full team member using online collaboration tools.