Founded in 2021 and backed by many of the leading lights of the UK venture capital and entrepreneurial community, Nous is building a platform that will fundamentally improve the way that UK households manage their finances.
An intellectual leadership role in a cost-of-living champion business during the biggest peacetime household finance crisis of our generation, this is an extraordinary opportunity to join an outstanding team of proven entrepreneurs and take the brand, profile and content expertise to the next level in line with the company’s social mission; using technology to empower people, helping to make their lives simpler and fairer.
The need is for a talented storyteller committed to making a positive social impact and you’ll relish the opportunity to become an integral member of an exceptionally innovative, ambitious start-up and develop the role as the business scales-up.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Content will lead the company’s content work and responsibilities will include:
- Defining a strategy and roadmap for content development;
- Establishing a regular cadence of content production;
- Commissioning and personally producing a consistent flow of outstanding content including position papers and talking points for company spokespeople, op-eds, web and in-app content, broadcast-ready packages, think pieces and other materials;
- Managing the style, tone and content of social media output;
- Creating product and awareness campaigns to increase public presence;
- Liaising with PR advisors and agents;
- Managing the company’s press office;
- Supporting colleagues with media appearances.
You’ll need to have outstanding communication skills, felicity with the written word, a good level of comfort with numbers and macroeconomics, a natural feel for the news cycle and a keen nose for a story. Sector experience isn’t essential and you may have worked as a journalist, in content, PR, Marketing or Public Affairs, as a spad or in a think tank, but as an early-stage business, it’s imperative that you’re highly driven and comfortable with ambiguity, able to work independently to very high standards and willing to roll up your sleeves. Essential too are comfort working with modern tools and systems, a keen interest in technology and experience of using social media tools to test and deliver content.