The Head of Policy and Public Affairs will work across all levels of government - Westminster, Holyrood, Senedd and Local Government - to manage the Foundation’s policy and influencing work, ensuring it is strategically focused, underpinned by strong evidence and research, and delivers meaningful and impactful change in policy to transform the lives of people living with food allergies and their families.
The Natasha Allergy Research Foundation is the UK’s only allergy charity dedicated to scientific and medical research. We are dedicated to understanding the causes of - and developing ways to prevent, treat and ultimately eradicate – allergic disease. Starting with food allergy, we want to create a world that is safe for everyone. Our vision is to make allergy history.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and deliver the Foundation’s strategic policy objectives;
- Influence policy development, legislation and promote greater understanding of food allergy amongst politicians, opinion former and influencers;
- Develop and maintain relationships with government, national bodies and other key stakeholders on behalf of the Foundation.
- Lead on the development of the Foundation’s policy positions, working with internal and external stakeholders, and those living with food allergies to ensure their experiences and fed in;
- Lead the Foundation’s influencing activity, including influencing relevant legislation – e.g., produce briefings, draft suggested legislative amendments, and work with relevant individuals and organisations to secure successful outcomes;
- Support and help develop our campaigning approach by providing research and analysis. Track and measure the impact of policy initiatives and ensure our policy positions are accurately reflected in press and media communications.
- Experience of policy development and research on social policy issues;
- Experience of effectively influencing government policy;
- Good understanding of the workings of national and local government and experience of working with decision makers;
- Confident and able to put across views clearly and persuasively;
- Excellent relationship builder and can build rapport quickly and to earn respect and trust.
Location: Remote/Hybrid working; travel to meetings expected; monthly staff team days in London; some evenings and weekend work.