About Our Client
The Bell Foundation works in partnership to create opportunities and change lives through language education for excluded individuals and communities. They also aim to change practice, policy and systems for children, adults and communities in the UK disadvantaged through language.
I am currently recruting for a Policy and Programme Manager for the Bell Foundation. You will:
- Lead and manage the Foundation's new ESOL Programme aligning objectives with delivery, setting targets and ensuring quality and quarterly reporting and that programme learning impact is measured and in line with agreed strategy;
- Develop, refine and implement the programme strategy working with the SMT;
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, develop and deliver an advocacy strategy at relevant levels of Government and sector stakeholders for the Foundation's work on adults and young people with English as a second or additional language;
- Lead on horizon scanning, monitoring, responding to and influencing national policies across Government departments and other sector bodies by developing and implementing responses;
- Proactively synthesize and communicate learning from the programme and partnerships in order to influence policy and research agendas;
- Develop and maintain external partnerships with key stakeholders, including voluntary and statutory bodies, civil servants and Government bodies, thank tanks, academic;
- Ensure timely and effective reporting on grants and review of partnerships;
- Work with the Programme Co-ordinator, develop and implement detailed project plans and programme management.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Significant experience working in a comparable role in either the charity sector, or in education;
- Experience of commissioning research and managing academic partnerships;
- Experience of leading and managing multidisciplinary programmes;
- Experience of influencing Government and public policy in the Foundation's areas of interest or in a related area;
- Experience of developing, planning and ensuring quality within a programme;
- Experience and knowledge of measuring, evaluating and reporting impact.