I am recruiting for a Policy Manager with a telecommunications business in London.
- Play a key role in developing the public policy positions, working with regulatory, strategy, commercial, technical and operational colleagues, to create credible arguments and supporting evidence, that further our business objectives;
- Engage directly with Government officials and other stakeholders to communicate our positions, using advocacy and negotiating skills to secure supportive policy outcomes;
- Write responses to Government and other consultations;
- Work closely with public affairs and communications colleagues to ensure our external affairs activities are informed and supported by persuasive policy arguments and materials;
- Manage external agencies to produce research and other materials that help to position the business as credible thought-leaders;
- Form relationships with a wide range of policy stakeholders – consumer and business groups, think tanks, and other campaigning organisations, looking for opportunities to collaborate where appropriate.
You will have:
- Understanding and experience of the policy-making process within Whitehall in particular, and of Parliament, devolved governments and politics in general;
- Excellent policy analysis and research skills, with the ability to translate complex technical, economic, regulatory and political issues into easy to understand, persuasive materials;
- First class influencing, advocacy and communication skills;
- Confident speaking and presenting in a variety of scenarios, to internal and external audiences;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-moving and unpredictable environment.