DevoConnect is a unique public affairs and communications agency – shaping and informing national and local government policy. Led by Gill Morris, we are the first, and only, UK communications and public affairs agency to focus on devolution and its potential to drive growth and rebalance the UK economy. We are dedicated to building strong, coherent campaigns and coalitions to drive economic success for the cities and regions outside London. We provide research, risk analysis, strategic advice, PR and media campaigns, intelligence and policy training to help private and public sector clients inform, shape and influence the future policy debate. In particular, DevoConnect understands the North’s political landscape, its decision makers and how it works. We have a track record of delivering results. Our services and approach always work to build consensus and deliver change.
Due to growth in demand for DevoConnect’s unique brand of communications, we have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional political communications professional to work across a diverse range of clients and campaigns. The successful candidate will manage political press relations and social media content to support our clients, campaigns and business growth.
As our Political Media and Campaigns Manager you will:
- Report to the executive team and directly to clients. The main focus of your role will be to generate press activity, content and output to support our clients and our business objectives;
- Advise on content and messaging which support campaign and client goals and boosts media engagement, profile and visibility;
- Provide written content and creative ideas on key campaign messages; place articles, write blogs, press releases and design PR collateral for events and campaigns;
- Develop engaging online and social media content, including use of videos and graphics to drive and increase traffic to company and client pages;
- Be responsible for measurement and evaluation of PR impact of press releases, marketing campaigns against goals set, using Google Analytics and other relevant sites;
- Build and develop a strong network and relationships with national, regional and trade press and be able to sell-in stories.
You should apply if you have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in public affairs and political communications, with a proven track record of placing stories and winning media profile and support;
- Excellent communication skills including, written, oral and presentations skills with good attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good political antenna, an in-depth understanding of how Government and Parliament works as well as the devolution and political landscape;
- Experience and expertise in social media and marketing to support and promote high-profile campaigns and events;
- Built a strong network across the North and Westminster and Whitehall and possess a good understanding of political PR and communications.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic team player and quick learner – to make a standing start;
- A candidate with proven public affairs and excellent communications skills;
- Someone who can add value, has good political instincts and who can proactively take forward ideas and initiatives;
- A track record in client management and business development;
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills: an ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
In return the successful candidate will:
- Work with an award-winning team of consultants;
- Work in a lively, fun, open and collaborative working culture which is varied and fast-paced;
- Have the opportunity to work on high-profile campaigns and events involving key decision makers and influencers;
- Benefit from our commitment to personal development and career growth;
- Develop your own business potential and ideas to support DevoConnect’s growth;
- Benefit from a generous annual leave allowance, Cycle to Work Scheme and flexible working.