The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority has an increasing focus on the environment, through activities such as the Year of the Environment Summit, the delivery plans associated with the LCR Air Quality Action Plan and forthcoming Climate Action Plan.
This new post will be responsible for embedding environmental issues in the broader work of our policy and investment directorates, drawing on evidence and global best practice, working with partners in central and local government, academia, and the private and community and voluntary sectors to place the City Region at the cutting edge of the green revolution.
Key Role Specific Responsibilities
- To develop, implement and evaluate areas of environment policy, working with internal and external partners to ensure it is grounded in evidence and representative of needs and opportunities within the City Region, adding value and reducing duplication;
- Support the Combined Authority in the strategic commissioning and management of funding, including specification development and stakeholder relationships;
- Work with stakeholders from academia, community and voluntary sector organisations and national agencies to ensure shared development and ownership of policy developments and wider connectivity of initiatives to deliver the outcomes in the Liverpool City Region Air Quality Action Plan, and in the development of the forthcoming Climate Action Plan;
- To provide secretariat support for the new LCR Climate Partnership and prepare and present reports to key Boards and groups, including Combined Authority, Climate Partnership and Elected Members, to secure agreement to new proposals and provide monitoring and evaluation updates;
- To interpret and use data and research to develop a sophisticated understanding of the environmental challenges and opportunities the city region faces, including developing an approach to monitoring and benchmarking the impact of our policy and investment activities on our environment;
- To advise the senior colleagues and politicians in the City Region on significant developments and support strategic decision making.