ScreenSkills is the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen industries – film, television (high-end, children’s, unscripted), VFX, animation and games. We are supporting economic recovery and future innovation and growth across the whole of the UK by investing in the skilled and inclusive workforce who are critical to the global success of the screen sector.
The Programme Lead will oversee the Discover Creative Careers (DCC) year-round programme of activity, the associated programme budget, team, and liaison with/reporting to all funders including DCMS, Arts Council England (ACE) and DWP. The Programme Lead will line-manage the Discover Creative Careers Communications Manager and Programme Manager/s.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of designing and implementing national industry-led careers programmes and activities and delivering within agreed timeframes;
- Experience of working with a wide range of senior stakeholders, preferably across the subsectors of the Creative Industries;
- Experience of working closely with and reporting to Government departments/funders, flagging issues in a timely way, and turning information requests around quickly;
- Ability to work proactively, diplomatically, and supportively with a wide range of stakeholders with regards to a single programme of work;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Excellent budget management skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- A strategic thinker, with strategic income generation experience;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a calm, methodical and organised manner;
- Able to work independently and prioritise workload to meet fixed deadlines;
- Able to monitor and mitigate risks.
In the last two years we have helped 82,000 people across: eLearning, training, events, mentoring, bursaries and stepping up programmes such as Trainee Finder, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering after a career break, women, people who are LGBTQ+, Black, Asian and people of colour, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, from a less advantaged socio-economic background as well as any other under-represented group.
The initial contract will run to 31st March 2025. Salary for this role is £35,000 to £36,000 per annum for three days per week (FTE £58,333 - £60,000 per annum).
ScreenSkills offers benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Access to financial physical and mental wellbeing support;
- Season Ticket Loan;
- Eye Care scheme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to Reward Gateway – popular retailer discounts;
- Life Assurance.