Newly established membership and campaigns body. Our clients members include legal services providers, insurers, brokers, charities, MGAs, representative groups and others.
You will help shape policies and campaigns and provide hands-on support to the directors managing the business, particularly with regard to key external stakeholder relations, including with the membership.
- Need to identify priority political and Whitehall stakeholders and manage relationships with them in order to achieve policy objectives;
- Undertake research on issues relevant to our client’s campaigns, including attending relevant external industry events andâ€¯drafting briefings;
- Draft responses to consultations;
- Engage with politicians, policymakers, regulators and industry figures to represent the interests of our client’s members and those they support;
- Work with third parties such as research companies and others to provide collateral for campaigns;
- Maintain engagement with the membership, including supporting engagement with potential new members;
- Assist with social and other media relations, including monitoring and providing regular insights to the membership;
- Events management;
- Write briefings and position statements and papers on issues of importance;
- Keeping key stakeholders up to date as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a wide range of people and audiences;
- You will have experience of Policy and Public Affairs;
- A good understanding of the political landscape and the structure of national and local government;
- Is a proven self-starter who takes the initiative, brings drive and ambition to the role and is able to multi-task;
- Has excellent research skills and the ability to distil and summarise complex topics into easy-to-understand formats for a variety of audiences;
- Has grit, determination and a willingness to stretch themselves at all times in order to learn and develop;
- Is comfortable engaging with potential new members to grow the association;
- Ideally has direct experience working with government departments, regulators, politicians and other policymakers.