Within the Services and Influencing Directorate, our policy, public affairs, campaigning and engagement work is focused on creating lasting change. We influence decision-makers across the UK by developing evidence and through stakeholder engagement, public affairs activity and by campaigning alongside people with arthritis.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to manage the charity’s public affairs activities in Westminster, including developing influencing strategies and stakeholder engagement plans. The successful candidate will also oversee a programme of events to raise the charity’s profile with Westminster politicians. This role will line-manage a Public Affairs Officer.
We’ll give you autonomy, variety and challenge with opportunities to lead projects and to work with inspirational campaigners and meet senior decision-makers. We’re a supportive and friendly team who will value your wellbeing and professional development.
If you have;
- good experience of influencing Westminster politicians gained from a policy/public affairs role in a national organisation;
- good understanding of influencing on ideally health and care issues;
- excellent experience and demonstrable ability of developing successful influencing strategies;
- strong experience of building good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- good project management skills;
- an ability to think creatively and communicate effectively;
- an enthusiastic, adaptive and flexible approach.
… then we’d love to hear from you.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.