Bringing together employers and students, the objective of this organisation is to promote Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) subjects to students in schools and colleges across the UK in order to inspire them to pursue successful professional careers in these areas.
As the Research & Communications Manager, you will be responsible for managing the process and outputs of the organisation’s evaluation and managing market intelligence research to inform Communications, Public Affairs and Stakeholder strategies and plans. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Using data and market intelligence to keep the organisation informed about the relevant policies, opinion formers, stakeholders or organisations which could have an impact on its programmes, advise on communications and develop strategies accordingly;
- Undertaking stakeholder mapping to advise on a strategy for engagement to build and maintain relationships;
- Management of evaluation and market intelligence research;
- Identifying and assess the value of collected knowledge for the organisation in order to define and establish systems and processes which effectively monitor, collect and distribute relevant data, intelligence and good practice;
- Monitoring public/current affairs and use the outputs, alongside market and sector intelligence, to advise on maximising opportunities for engagement and communication.
Candidates must have strong research skills (quantitative and qualitative) with the ability to conduct market and competitor intelligence and understand the value of Evaluation in order to inform business and communications strategy. You must come from a professional communications background and all candidates must be able to demonstrate the following essential knowledge, skills and experience to be considered:
- Experience of undertaking market intelligence research and utilising the outputs to advise a broad range of communications planning and strategy;
- Scoping and defining systems and processes for the management of information and the output of research undertake;
- Methods of monitoring and analysing current affairs and understanding the potential impacts of an organisation;
- Excellent communication skills with experience of establishing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience of working with databases and information management systems, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a STEM environment.