About PB Consulting
PB Consulting (PBC) is an expert, responsive specialist healthcare communications agency that delivers a personalised service. We are proud to deliver for our clients and the team enjoys working in an enthusiastic, energetic and fast paced environment and within a growing business.
The Senior Account Manager role is designed for a professional with demonstrable experience of working in public affairs and with an interest in healthcare. The Senior Account Manager has experience working within the public affairs or policy landscape and has demonstrable competence maintaining, coordinating and delivering client programmes, as well as feeding into the development of strategies and work programmes. This is a high profile position, driving the successful execution of a range of client’s public affairs programmes.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Client & Account Management
- Ensure delivery of client programmes. SAM is the responsible individual for ensuring progress is made against account work plans;
- Responsible for day to day management of a range of clients’ accounts, taking responsibility for driving planning, delivery and results;
- Develop a deep understanding of clients and their operating environments and be able to use this knowledge to help solve client problems;
- Develop strategies and activities for clients alongside senior directors, and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationship with the agency;
- Responsible for engaging and building relationships with clients at the highest levels based on trust and results delivery;
- Drive the successful delivery of engagement programs across Westminster, Whitehall, and government, ensuring that client’s strategic priorities are articulated to key decision makers;
- Understand how to engage with target stakeholders; including government, parliamentarians, civil servants and the media;
- Research and Writing;
- Conduct highly accurate research and interpret how this will impact on clients;
- Write high quality account materials; including research papers, parliamentary briefings, reports, newsletters, campaign material and press releases;
- Proof, amend and improve materials produced by junior staff, and have final approval prior to sending to clients.
- Day to day responsibility for projects, ensuring all relevant processes are in place to ensure the smooth running and maximise agency and client benefit gleaned from projects;
- Meet all deadlines, both internal and external;
- Be proactive and demonstrate the ability to think ahead and plan for team resourcing issues (e.g. holidays, big client projects);
- Oversee all aspects of client reporting, both internally and externally. Take responsibility for diarising and running regular internal as well as client meetings;
- Manage both upwards and downwards on projects and clients to ensure that all aspects of activity are running to a precise timeline;
- Ensure all project documentation is kept up to date.
- Support the Directors to protect and grow the revenue streams for existing accounts;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, including drafting strategies and playing a role in tenders and pitches;
- Communicate the importance of new business to junior staff, supporting them to develop their new business acumen.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Undertake extensive networking across the political sphere;
- Forge strong links with those across the business and political spectrum;
- Attend industry events;
- Communicate relevant intelligence gathered to clients where appropriate.
- An extensive professional background in public affairs or policy;
- Significant account management experience;
- Experience of developing and maintaining expertise in specific client sectors and related policy fields;
- Ideally health policy experience;
- Support and reflect the ‘PB Way’; delivering a highly responsive, personal, but professional service to clients;
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior stakeholders;
- An outstanding communicator with very advanced writing skills;
- Experience in identifying and developing new business leads;
- Bring or develop an impressive network of contact across the sector, both in government and industry.