Are you interested in joining an organisation and a team that plays a vital role in the democratic process?
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. We work to promote public confidence in the democratic process and ensure its integrity.
The Electoral Commission is the UK’s registrar for political parties. We are responsible for registering political parties in the UK, and their names, descriptions and emblems for use on ballot papers.
We are also responsible for registering non-party campaigners at elections, and maintain the registers of parties and campaigners throughout the year.
We are recruiting a Senior Adviser to the Party Registration team.
If you have great attention to detail and experience of working in a regulatory environment, and would relish the opportunity to shape our work, then we want to hear from you.
Who we are looking for
- You will have excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to manage several different tasks, and organise your workload effectively, with minimal oversight;
- You will have experience of resolving queries and relaying information to stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner;
- You will have excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with stakeholder queries over the phone;
- You will have the motivation and ability to familiarise yourself quickly with the relevant law relating to party and election finance;
- You will have great attention to detail and experience of working in a regulatory environment as well as reading and applying legislation.