I am recruiting for a Senior Policy Adviser with IPSA.
- Takes a lead role in evidence-based policy-making in relation to MPs’ business costs, expenses and remuneration;
- Supports decision-making by senior managers and Board members by researching, analysing drafting and presenting a range of policy options;
- Coordinates administration of the Contingency Panel and provides advice to colleagues across teams on policy issues;
- Has a keen understanding of political implications and is comfortable communicating regularly with internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Line management of one staff member.
I am looking for:
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to draw out key themes and convey issues, relevant evidence (including technical data), analyses, conclusions and recommendations clearly and succinctly;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound judgement, with the ability to gather, analyse and present data and other information on a wide range of topics;
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to effectively deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels on complex and sometimes sensitive matters;
- An understanding of the policy development process, including the importance of evidence-based policy and methods of reviewing policy impact.