A non-departmental public body are currently seeking a Senior Public Affairs Executive for an initial 6 month contract.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out research and drafting briefings for internal and external stakeholder consumption in areas related to UK competitiveness;
- Providing updates and relevant insight to ministers and key political representatives on the progress of the organisation in developing appropriate responses to areas of concern;
- Researching and keeping updated on relevant policy areas;
- Attending relevant conferences as required;
- Developing position papers on policy issues of relevance to the organisation, acquiring knowledge of areas which the organisation is less proficient in;
- Working with external strategic partners (trade associations, private sector organisations);
- Responding to parliamentary enquiries;
- Provide support with, and sometimes take the lead on, political engagement across Whitehall.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Experience in political / public affairs;
- A solid understanding, through experience, of government structures and departments;
- Experience of developing strong policy briefing materials and compelling arguments;
- Experience of working with stakeholders to achieve consensus;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).