The post is based in our Policy and Economic Directorate, which is responsible for providing advice and analysis in a diverse range of areas including, but not limited to, education, healthcare, labour force and immigration, environmental protection, resource development, taxes, housing and infrastructure. The Senior Public Policy Advisor is also responsible for ensuring high quality and responsive services and for overseeing a collaborative and innovative approach to the development of policy options.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Public Policy Advisor who:
- Has a proven track record of delivering solution-oriented policy analysis and development, ideally in a public sector environment;
- Holds degree or specialist training in economics, business, public affairs, political or social sciences;
- Has evidence of strong research and analytical skills and the ability to quickly develop a high degree of national and international political awareness concerning the Falkland Islands;
- Will negotiate and manage delivery of the government-wide policy priorities list, ensuring timely development of policy recommendations;
- Can act as lead policy resource for the Treasury and Legal Directorates and, working closely with the Director of Policy and Economic Development and the UK Falkland Islands Government Office, for issues related to public diplomacy and relations with the United Kingdom and other Overseas Territories.
- Initial two to four years Fixed Term Contract;
- Salary Range, basic starting salary up to £41k up to £56k per annum with Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity;
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus public holidays;
- Relocation Allowance, Flights Package and Subsidised Housing.