An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Stakeholder Lead, working in the NHS. You will:
- Ensure that the team understands the views of its stakeholders and that feedback is consistently and effectively used to inform policy and future engagement activities;
- Work with Strategic Communications to develop the sector involvement programme aligned to the organisation, ensuring that it remains relevant and focused on the priorities;
- Proactively manage a stakeholder engagement plan agreed with Strategic Communications and aligned to Monitor's cooperation and competition function, taking on direct responsibility for managing some stakeholders;
- Represent the organisation at events by delivering speeches and presentations, participating in discussions and explaining the work of the directorate;
- Oversee the development of content used to deliver the sector involvement programme, ensuring it remains relevant and up to date;
- Provide on-going feedback to the team on the key challenges facing the sector, informing both the work of the directorate and the future engagement programme.
You will have:
- NHS experience gained through an operational, policy, research or public affairs focused environment;
- An excellent communicator, with strong presenting and drafting skills and advanced knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Ability to build credibility and influence senior audiences on complex issues;
- Effective collaborative style of working and track record in developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Good organisational skills and ability to carry out workflow planning and resourcing with successful track record of project management;
- Comfortable with both working on their own and leading teams, displaying interpersonal and leadership skills and utilising resources effectively;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain discretion and use initiative.