About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to manage certain strategic partnership initiatives and provide ongoing research support to the International advocacy team. In this role you will be responsible for managing projects that help establish new relationships, maintain our existing partnerships and broaden our impact ensuring we best serve our members.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Chairmen’s Forum: 35%
- Responsible for managing the Chairmen’s Forum, its activities and coordination of its events from the planning phase through to execution. In person events, online conferences, webinars, stakeholder group meetings.
- Event communications i.e. establishing themes, identifying and utilising relevant communication channels such email marketing, offline marketing and other forms. Providing updates to the wider team as and when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the Chairmen’s Forum advisory group.
- Develop and manage existing relationship database, comprising of Chairmen, Non-Executive Directors, Audit Committee Chairs and members of the Board and Executive Team. Respond to internal requests for data and insights. Present accurate insight reports and scorecards on key stakeholder relationships and engagement.
Special Projects: 35%
- Manage new and recurring projects to create stronger strategic partnerships with businesses across the City of London;
- Build relationships with stakeholders to understand and maximize success for both parties;
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners during and after project phase;
- Coordinate internal resources and other parties for execution of projects;
- Example projects include She Can Be initiative: partnering with the Lord Mayors appeal on an annual basis to deliver ground-breaking programmes and address social issues within the City of London. Partnering with the International Integrated Reporting Council on annual research projects.
- Point of contact for internal requests for research and insights for the Advocacy team on sustainability, environmental, social and governance matters;
- Support the international advocacy team with research and data, providing insights that support existing advocacy positions and help develop new ones. Examples research projects include UK - No 10 Downing street Apprenticeship research, Brexit impact research, Europe biennial Regional Advisory Panel research;
- Develop research projects from concept to research brief to analysis;
- Support the delivery of a range of research projects within the advocacy team;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key decision makers, members and wider stakeholders.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications - External
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent organisation and good project management skills, ability to create and prioritize own work schedules and deliver to realistic timescales and deadlines;
- Research skills with an inquisitive mind set as well as analytical skills to absorb, understand, analyse and quickly assimilate complex information and concepts;
- Effective collaborative, consultative, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in working cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and deadlines;
- Technical skills to understand and maintain complex data management systems, the challenges surrounding database development, management and integration with 3rd party data systems;
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal, and interpersonal;
- Ability to transform complex data into simple and easy to understand data reports and presentations for key stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent attention to detail using database systems, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and Word;
- Problem solving skills, being proactive and positive in finding solutions;
- Undertake other duties as may be required.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Previous experience in event management and communications;
- Experience working with stakeholders, managing expectations and delivering stakeholder reports;
- Experience working with analysis tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Infographic software;
- Experience or proven understanding of External Affairs or in an Advocacy position;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in a research position.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Experience or proven understanding of Corporate Relations, External Affairs, CSR, Communications or Event Management will be highly regarded;
- Experience as a project coordinator, research executive or B2B role within an external affairs function;
- Interest in social policy, government and third sectors.
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.