Do you care about the rights of Refugees and Asylum seekers?
Would you like to be a part of the Jewish Response to the Refugee Crisis?
The Jewish Council for Racial Equality (JCORE) is recruiting for a Campaigns and Communications Coordinator.
Line manager: The Office Manager
Working directly with: The Executive Director
The Jewish Council for Racial Equality (JCORE), a registered charity, is the leading Jewish voice on race and asylum issues. We work in three main areas: Education, Refugees and Asylum (both Campaigning and Practical Support) and inter-communal dialogue.
One of our most important areas of work is campaigning, mainly (but not exclusively), for the rights of asylum seekers and refugees. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will help to develop campaigns, which it will then be your responsibility to deliver.
In addition, you will be responsible for all aspects of our social media output, as well as supporting the Communal Taskforce on Refugees and managing the Support Refugees website. The taskforce is a co-ordinating group from different Jewish communal organisations, operated by JCORE on behalf of the UK Jewish Community.
Details of the role:
The following are the main tasks to be undertaken, but this is not an exhaustive list.
- To update and expand existing JCORE campaigns;
- To develop new campaigns on JCORE issues;
- To research and write briefing papers on JCORE issues;
- To write website copy and press releases on campaigns;
- To undertake any other campaigning support as required.
- To manage the JCORE twitter account and Facebook page;
- To support the Office Manager in maintaining the JCORE website;
- To support the Office Manager in writing JCORE e-newsletters.
- To co-ordinate meetings of the Communal taskforce on refugees;
- To stay up to date with communal actions regarding refugees and asylum;
- To put together the monthly Support Refugees e-newsletter;
- To maintain and update the Support Refugees Website and Facebook group
Any other reasonable jobs as requested by the Executive Director and Office Manager.
- An interest in and a commitment to the rights of asylum seekers and refugees;
- Ability to work both supervised and unsupervised;
- Ability to work as a team;
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, with excellent English language skills;
- Ability to coordinate social media output.
- Experience of working on refugee/asylum campaigns;
- Experience of using social media on behalf of an organisation;
- Experience using Wordpress;
- A knowledge of the UK Jewish community;
- Experience in research.