JFL is a boutique search and selection consultancy based in Soho in Central London specialising in the PR, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs sectors. We recruit outstanding communications professionals for leading consultancies and major blue chip companies.
We are full members of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA), the trade body for the sector, and the exclusive sponsor of the PRCA's Public Affairs Group.
An opportunity has arisen for a smart, switched-on and friendly graduate to join our team as an intern, working primarily on public affairs and corporate roles, with a view to the role becoming permanent.
Our three month long internship program has been running for several years and provides a great entry into the industry; two of our highly successful Senior Consultants started as interns and the vast majority of our interns have been offered, and taken up, permanent roles at JFL. We invest heavily in training and mentoring for our interns and regard them as future researchers and consultants.
Throughout the internship you will:
- Be given extensive training in recruitment practise, including research, interview techniques, headhunting, and executive search;
- Be given your own jobs to recruit for, particularly within the public affairs and corporate sectors;
- Manage your own candidates;
- Write copy for job advertisements;
- Manage the switchboard;
- Update the database.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a quick-thinking and tech-savvy graduate;
- Have a genuine interest in recruitment, politics and the corporate sector;
- Possess a thorough understanding of UK politics;
- Possess the confidence and ability to speak with clients and people of all levels;
- Have some office-based experience, excellent writing and proof reading skills, and a pleasant and engaging telephone manner. Any database training would be an advantage, but is by no means necessary.
This role will offer you the opportunity to learn about the world of public affairs, communications and recruitment.