This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small but highly-influential policy and public affairs team at the heart of the medical research community. You will work with other members of the team and engage with our member charities to develop and communicate AMRC policy.
The AMRC is the national membership organisation for the health and medical research charity world, influencing the policy and research environments by harnessing the collective strengths of our members to demonstrate the sector’s positive impact on health and wellbeing.
We work with a range of opinion formers in the government, industry and academia, to ensure the best possible environment for health and medical research charities in the UK, so patients benefit from the fruits of research.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and amplify the medical research charity sector’s voice in policy development to improve the research environment to help charities fund the best research;
- Support AMRC member charities to interpret and respond to policy developments;
- Develop AMRC’s policy positions based on evidence and reflecting member perspectives;
- Deliver the relevant strategic and operational parts of the AMRC plans, including supporting public affairs activities to increase AMRC policy impact.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- You will be highly-organised, educated to degree level with ability for grasping and communicating complex issues;
- You will need to be self-disciplined, adaptable and able to thrive in a busy environment with lots of challenges;
- Experience and understanding of the role of medical research charities and the biomedical research environment in the UK are desirable, but not essential;
- A science degree is essential.
This job may suit someone with experience of working in a science; biomedical research or health policy environment, looking to rapidly develop their skills and experience and gain greater exposure to the medical research community.