A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Policy & Stakeholder Engagement with a highly regulated business on the South Coast. You will:
- Ensure the company is plugged into external developments, analyse what they mean for the business and building evidence-based company positions on key issues;
- Deliver a co-ordinated and pro-active programme of engagement with strategic stakeholders at national and regional level built around the company priorities. To include key Whitehall departments, regulators, politicians (national and regional), interest groups, trade associations and consumer representatives;
- Co-ordinating our response to relevant government and regulator consultations ensuring we make a valuable contribution and give a consistent message;
- Identifying opportunities for the business to work in partnership with external organisations to help deliver its business objectives and contribute to the development of future policy;
- Working with senior colleagues to ensure that stakeholder insight is used to inform and improve business activities and decision making.
You will have:
- Excellent influencing, diplomacy and persuasion skills and ability to engage and influence internally (Board, ELT, SLT) and externally (MPs, Senior Govt Officials, Regulators);
- Excellent knowledge of the workings of Government and the UK framework of economic regulation - experience of working in Whitehall and/or the utilities sector preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to tailor messaging effectively depending on audience;
- A strong presenter and confident public speaker;
- Ability to drive forward complex projects in collaboration with colleagues across the business and / or external partners;
- A proven track record in identifying and progressing opportunities to work in partnership with external organisations to achieve mutual benefits;
- A strong leader with the ability to motivate and inspire team members and colleagues.