An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Policy Advisor with a membership body. The jobholder will be expected to play an active role in delivering the organisation's energy and climate change campaign, working closely with infrastructure and construction colleagues, and driving forward key priorities identified by members, including the Energy and Climate Change Board.
Reporting to the Principal Policy Adviser for Energy and Climate Change, the jobholder will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues across the policy, membership and communications clusters to champion the organisation's energy and climate change work both internally and externally, identifying opportunities for synergy with other policy areas, exploiting media hooks and contributing proactively to the organisation's member engagement activity.
Our client is looking for:
- education to degree level or equivalent;
- understanding of public policy development;
- knowledge of institutions of Government;
- understanding of the workings of business;
- postgraduate qualification is desirable but not essential.