An established and reputable representative body are in search of a Policy Manager to join their dynamic team with a passion for driving change within their industry.
Supporting at Director and Head of level, the role will also be responsible for leading two of the organisation’s key working groups, proactively encouraging best practice and fair competition throughout the industry.
Working across key policy issues in the sector including competition, engagement and regulation you’ll be developing policy positions, conducting research, drafting briefings, responding to consultations and liaising with stakeholders on key policy areas.
- Organising, supporting and reporting to committees, working groups and other stakeholder groups as required;
- Working with all relevant external stakeholders to formulate policy positions that contribute to delivery of vision;
- Developing policy positions, drafting consultation responses and preparing industry reports for submission to Government and the regulator;
- Developing and maintaining positive working relations with a wide variety of stakeholders including MPs, Government officials, NGOs, policy think tanks, consumer advocates and other opinion formers.
You will need:
- Solid policy development and advocacy experience, ideally within a regulated sector;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people;
- Passion, enthusiasm and ability to interpret complex issues;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.