The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To ensure that The FA is kept up to date with the political landscape, build relationships with politicians and influencers in order to promote The FA and its work. To ensure The FA’s public policy positions are robust and strategically developed.
- Engage with MPs throughout the country;
- Manage The FA’s external Public Affairs support in delivering a local engagement plan targeting MPs across the season showcasing FA and County FA sites, initiatives and events;
- Deliver Party conference engagement and fringe events;
- Provide engagement support for County FAs around Football Foundation investments;
- Develop and oversee the management of key local (Wembley and Brent) political relationships with support from the CSR and Community Manager as required.
Platform Activities & Thought Leadership
- Delivering events in Parliament such as roundtables, events, receptions and screenings.
- Supporting the delivery of rolling engagement with key stakeholders on specific policy issues of relevance;
- Working across the organisation and with The FA’s Research and Insight team to create The FA’s public policy positions; either driven internally by review or from external changes;
- Managing and drafting consultation responses as required.
Reactive Political Communications
- Engaging on urgent and / or reactive issues or policy developments which impact the organisation;
- Supporting the CEO and Chairman’s office and wider organisation on political enquiries, ensuring prompt responses and that all relevant stakeholders in the organisation are consulted.
Policy Intelligence, Research & Monitoring
- Monitor political developments in Parliament, social media and the news;
- Manage the relationship with the FA’s external monitoring provider.
- Create a monthly political digest;
- Provide internal briefings as necessary.
County FA political support
- Provide engagement support for CFAs.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation;
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.