Reporting to the Director of Policy and Advocacy, this is a key role in the UK policy, research and advocacy department, within the wider communications and advocacy directorate. There are 6 staff in the public affairs team (3 in London, 1 each in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), and sits alongside the refugees and asylum policy and advocacy team, the health and social care team, and the policy research team.
- To ensure and be responsible for an excellent public affairs function, coordinating the strategic communication and relationship building with a UK political audience, in each of the UK nations and at regional and local level, in support of our advocacy priorities (UK and international);
- To manage the UK-wide public affairs team and provide leadership within the wider team.
- Experience of working in or with the UK Parliament and/or at least one devolved parliament/assembly; or experience of wider public affairs work;
- Experience of engaging impactfully to influence policy makers, decision makers and opinion formers;
- Experience of designing and delivering influencing activities, including events (party conferences, parliamentary receptions etc);
Line management experience.