I am currently recruiting for a Public and Industry Affairs Advisor with a manufacturing business you will
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the UK public policy environment, regulatory framework and industry landscape;
- Proactively provide expert advice on industry and regulatory matters to colleagues;
- Develop positions on policy and regulatory matters;
- Identify relevant engagement opportunities, and building and maintaining relationships – particularly within industry;
- Represent us in relevant regulatory, standards and industry fora;
- Support broader objectives and activities across the department.
We are looking for an experienced professional who can operate independently whilst also valuing close cooperation with the immediate and wider team. Essential skills and behaviours include:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification;
- Proven previous experience in a similar or related role e.g. Public Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Civil Service;
- An excellent understanding of UK policy and regulatory framework;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A drive for excellence;
- A proactive and solutions-oriented approach;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Calmness under pressure.